Any help is greatly appreciated! My toddler threw an A23 (garage door opener) battery down the disposal. My husband, unknowingly, turned the disposal on and stopped after hearing the loud noise. He dug it out, but it was pretty smashed up and part of the battery (looks like the end) came off. We got that part out as well. The disposal is still running louder than normal and it's too dark to see down the sink, even with a flashlight. I'll look in the morning when there's proper lighting to see if there's more battery remnants.
Just want to know how screwed I am, as this disposal was brand new, replaced the one from 1995 in January.
submitted by /u/emily8305